Latest News & Events
TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE AT THE MUSEUM FOR
Atlanta Movie Tours Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind Tour
Click here for more information!
New in the gift shop:
Look what's new in our gift shop! Costumes to fit your favorite Rhett or Scarlett.
Click here to see more
The rustle of petticoats.
The smell of gunpowder.
Cotton fields and plantations.
Step back in time with the sights and sounds of Atlanta during the Civil War and Reconstruction as told through the eyes of Scarlett O'Hara and her dashing romancer, Rhett Butler.
The Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum: Scarlett on the Square has been a mainstay in downtown Marietta since April 2003 when it opened in the historic Old Thomas Warehouse Building. With an extensive collection of memorabilia provided by Dr. Christopher Sullivan the museum is sure to delight and intrigue any Gone with the Wind fan, from novice to aficionado.
Highlights of the museum include:
- The original Bengaline honeymoon gown worn by Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara in the movie.
- Several of Margaret Mitchell's personal volumes of the novel.
- An educational display dedicated to the African American cast members.
- Foreign editions of the novel.
- Rare press and publicity books, costume pieces and contracts.
- The personal script of Ona Munson, who portrayed Belle Watling in the film.
- Promotional pieces including foreign film posters, premiere programs, conceptual artworks, advertisements and items and collectibles.
- And more!
The Marietta Gone with the Wind: Scarlett on the Square museum is a refreshing must-see stop for all fans of the Pulitzer Prize winning novel and Academy Award winning movie. The museum is often mentioned as one of the top stops for tourists wanting to explore the south's antebellum history.
Conveniently located steps away from the historic Marietta Square on Whitlock Avenue, the museum is within walking distance of quaint shops and unique dining experiences. A visit to the Marietta Gone with the Wind museum truly incorporates all that historic Marietta has to offer.